Health Spending Account Claims
Making a claim is as simple as attaching original receipts to a claim form and mailing it. Within two business days of receiving your receipts your claim cheque and new claim form will be mailed to you.
- View Account Balance
- Claim Forms:
You can maximize the value of your benefit plan by making careful purchase decisions.
Coordinate with Other Plans
Page 4 of the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association Inc. Guideline G4 - Coordination of Benefits specifies that claims should be submitted to a health spending account only after claims have been made through all other group insurance plans.
- Spouse's employer health insurance
- Submit all claims to your spouse's insurance plan first and then any unpaid amount to the health spending account.
- Submit your spouse's payroll deduction for medical & dental insurance to the health spending account.
- Student’s university health insurance
- Submit all claims to the university plan first and then any unpaid amount to the health spending account.
- Provincial government plan
- Dispensing fee: The professional fee charged by pharmacies varies and should reflect the level of service provided.
- Ingredient cost: The lowest available ingredient cost should be used in the pricing calculation.
- Markup: The markup on ingredient cost varies by pharmacy.
- Direct Delivery Discount Pharmacies:
- For more than two decades direct delivery pharmacies have competed with retail pharmacies for maintenance medication. Many direct delivery pharmacies guarantee a low dispensing fee, low markup, willingness to dispense the lowest cot drug and willingness to provide three months’ supply without any additional charge.
- Frequency: How often you see your dentist should depend on your biology and oral hygiene practices. Some people need to go every 3 months while annually is fine for others.
- Markup: The rates charged by dentists differ.
- Specialists: The quality provided by a specialist often exceeds the incremental price difference.
Send in Your Claims
Send in claims as often as you like and make sure that every receipt has been submitted before the end of each calendar year.